Rebuilding Together in the Mohawk Valley
In 2007, the Mohawk Valley branch of Rebuilding Together celebrated 10 years of assisting the elderly, physically and mentally disabled, and working poor of our area. We’ve worked on homes in the city of Utica and surrounding area, in the Rome area, and in Herkimer County. Locally, with the help of our generous sponsors, we’ve:
- helped rehab more than 100 homes.
- completed the installation of wheelchair ramps and lifts, made room modifications, and weatherized the homes of several children with cerebral palsy so that they and their families are a little warmer, a little drier, and a lot more mobile.
- modified homes for the elderly so that they can independently get in and out of their bedrooms and bathrooms.
- turned a garage into a bedroom for a young girl confined to a wheelchair who had been using a converted utility room as a bedroom.
- designed and built a play yard for triplet girls with autism so they would have a safe place to play with playground equipment to help stimulate their young minds.
- assisted disabled veterans.
- completed other additional home modifications that included installing ramps and lifts, securing handrails, adding non-slip treads, and more.